West Bengal Election ... Thorn struggle going on in BJP-TMC on 10 seats in Hooghly district

West Bengal Election ... Thorn struggle going on in BJP-TMC on 10 seats in Hooghly district

Kolkata: Voting is going on in 10 assembly seats in Hooghly district in the fourth phase in West Bengal. Polling is going on in Uttarpara, Shrirampur, Champdani, Chandannagar, Chunchuda, Balagarh and Pandua districts of Hooghly on 10 April. On the other hand, there is huge enthusiasm for voting in Saptagram and Chanditalla assembly seats in Hooghly district. Voting is going on in the famous Singur seat on April 10. Mamta Banerjee has fielded Becharam Manna from Singur seat. Along with Becharam Manna, Mamata Banerjee's political credibility from the Singur Assembly seat is also at stake. At the same time, BJP MP Loket Chatterjee's reputation from Chunchura assembly seat is also at stake.

The population of Hindus in Hooghly district is 82.9 percent. At the same time, Muslims also constitute 15.8 percent of the population. If seen, the population of Scheduled Caste voters in Hooghly district is 24.4 percent and the population of Scheduled Tribe voters is 4.2 percent. That is, the total population of scheduled castes and tribes in Hooghly district is 28.6 percent. In this context, the Scheduled Caste and Tribe voters have a decisive role in deciding the election results of the ten seats in Hooghly district.

Hooghly district has three Lok Sabha seats. The BJP did well in the 2019 elections in Arambagh, Hooghly and Serampore Lok Sabha seats. In the Lok Sabha elections of 2019, BJP's locket Chatterjee won Hooghly seat by winning 6 lakh 71 thousand 448 votes. At the same time, TMC candidate Ratna Dey got only 5 lakh 98 thousand 86 votes. In this sense, the BJP won the Hooghly seat by a large margin. On the other hand, Serampur seat was won by Kalyan Banerjee of TMC in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Kalyan Banerjee had garnered 6 lakh 37 thousand 707 votes. At the same time, BJP candidate Debjit Sarkar had secured 5 lakh 39 thousand 171 votes. Kalyan Banerjee of TMC defeated BJP by a margin of 98 thousand 536 votes.

At the same time, in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Arambagh seat was won by Trinamool Congress candidate Apoorva Poddar by a small margin. Poddar got 6 lakh 49 thousand 929 votes. He got 44.14 percent of the vote. At the same time, BJP candidate Tapan Kumar Ray from Arambagh seat got 6 lakh 48 thousand 787 votes. In this sense, Tapan Kumar Ray got 44.06 percent of the vote. The BJP was defeated here by a margin of only 11,42 votes. The general public of Hooghly is facing problems like corruption, unemployment, migration and political violence. The BJP wants to capitalize on these issues as the opposition. At the same time, the Trinamool Congress is also seeking votes on the basis of its ten years of work. The people of Hooghly are also voting with great enthusiasm. The hope is that whoever gets the victory will surely help in the help of the common people.


Efforts to disturb peace in Kashmir fail, heavy grenade recovered from terrorist hideout

Efforts to disturb peace in Kashmir fail, heavy grenade recovered from terrorist hideout

National Desk: Security forces raided a hideout of militants in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district on Sunday and recovered 19 grenades. Security forces also foiled a terrorist plan to disturb peace in the border district with grenade attacks.

No arrests yet,
a defense spokesman said that no one was arrested during the operation. The operation was jointly carried out by the army and police in Fagla area of ​​Surankot. Rashtriya Rifles and police conducted a joint operation in Phagla area on the basis of accurate information on the security forces being targeted by the militants on NH 144A (Jammu-Poonch Highway).

Heavy grenade recovered from the grenade The
spokesperson said that both agencies recovered a huge cache of grenades hidden in a natural cave-like hideout. A total of 19 grenades have been recovered. ”He said that the recovery of the grenade foiled a conspiracy to disrupt peace in Poonch.

 The second major case of seizure of the explosives, the
spokesperson said, revealed that the hideout had foiled a major conspiracy to attack the security forces. The army and police have once again proved their courage to fulfill the commitment to fight against terrorism and to maintain stability in the region. "This is the second major case of explosives seizures in the Jammu region in the last few days." Security forces had recovered a huge cache of arms and explosives from Chakarandi village in Doda district on Saturday.